|Home » |
35ft Low Voltage On/Off Hose with Button Lock
Hose has the addition of a BUTTON LOCK ON THE METAL TUBE that comes out of the hose handle. Crushproof, lightweight, 360-degree swivel central vacuum hose with on/off switch for the suction. A great central vacuum cleaner replacement hose for everyone who uses an air driven non-electric power brush such as all models of TurboCat, TL2000, and T210. Compatible with vacuum wall valves with two small low voltage metal contacts inside the 1.5 inch (or so) diameter hole. Use with Chrome Extension Tube Wands. ATTN VACUFLO: The hose end doesn't have two metal valve pins - call us for options.
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 21 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 21 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
54 of 55 found the following review helpful:
Overpriced junk with ZERO customer serviceNov 06, 2010
By Jessica F
As a frequent Amazon buyer and reviewer, I rely on honest reviews when making a purchase. I hope my review prevents someone from making the mistake of buying this piece of trash. This was purchased through a 3rd party seller who seemed to be honest and reliable. I even went to their website and read all of the glowing reviews (which I now KNOW for a FACT are completely fabricated) and boasts of exceptional customer service. What a joke! This hose is very, very poorly made:
1) The hose is constructed from an extremely thin plastic. With minimal movement, it twists upon itself and kinks, completely cutting off suction. It is more prone to kinks than imaginable. I can hardly get a few feet without a kink.
2) The hose texture is rough and beats the heck out of everything it brushes against. It is also very loud as it moves across the floor. (I am STILL waiting for my exorbitantly priced sock cover to arrive, if it ever does)
3) The white color leaves marks on furniture legs and edges with MINIMAL contact.
4) It doesn't easily swivel at the handle, making it very prone to looping which leads to those dreaded "kinks" I mentioned earlier. I have to stop every few turns and unwind the hose.
5) The handle is at an odd angle and requires a wrist-twisting position to get it to vacuum well. This makes it very fatiguing and eventually painful to use.
6) The button-lock mechanism is flimsy so that the button on the handle doesn't fully "lock" with the attachments. During use, the attachments either fall off or get jammed on so tight, they are very difficult to remove.
7) MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT and the reason I contacted the company is due to the suction control ring on the handle. What a joke! A serious design flaw complicated by cheap materials. The C-shaped piece of plastic that covers the suction hole and enables suction control does not stay in the "grooves" of the handle. Not only does it not stay where you position it for suction control, it literally slides up and down the handle of the hose. The SECOND time I used this crappy hose (and I am very gentle with everything I own), the ring slipped off of the vacuum and is gone. (Most likely behind or under a very large piece of furniture- after weeks of searching, I have yet to find it). I now use a piece of tape over the hole to control the suction. How nice is that for a BRAND NEW hose! If I was going for the taped-up hose look, I would have kept the old hose that had tape covering the crack it got from years of use.
When I contacted the company (it has an M and a D in the name), I got ZERO response. After two emails and multiple calls, I decided to write an honest product review on their website. Believe it or not, I was not able to post my review. Apparently, the company ONLY posts positive reviews. How is THAT for honesty!
Don't waste your money on this piece of trash! Spend a little more and buy an original/factory replacement hose. This product is WAY overpriced and will give you nothing but grief and frustration.
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
Kinky HoseOct 08, 2012
I cannot recommend this hose as it has a tendency to kink at every turn. The quality is just not there but at 35' and this price it may be worth the cost?
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Don't worry about reviews talking about kinks!Aug 10, 2013
By For Reviews
I saw a lot of reviews talking about kinks and almost didn't buy this product. Yes it kinks if you let it stay all curled up and just start pulling it all over the place. It will also crush if you step on it but it springs back with no problem. I don't think you want to step on it repeatedly just because it springs back though. It's not reinforced like the original hose that came with my Nutone central vacuum system which would hurt your foot if you stepped on it, but it's a fraction of that price and 3 feet longer!!! It's also light as a feather. I'm so glad I took a chance on this replacement.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
GREAT FOR YOUR OVER THE GARAGE BONUS ROOMJul 17, 2013
By Jeffrey Lear
Instead of lugging the hose, beater-brush and attachments upstairs to our bonus room, I opted to purchase a 2nd system. I bought all the items needed from Amazon: A 4-Piece Central Vacuum Accessory Set, A TurboCat Air Driven Brush for all Central Vacuums, and obviously this 35' hose with an on/off button on the handle (to turn on the central vacuum system).
NOTE: This hose does NOT supply 120 VAC through the hose (to power some beater-brushes)... That is way I purchased the TurboCat AIR-DRIVEN beater-brush...
All in all, I was very happy with everything I ordered... everything arrived quickly and everything hooked up as expected... Kyd
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
EVEN BETTER WHAT WHAT I EXPECTEDJan 05, 2014
By Amazon Customer
THIS IS PERFECT! WORKS BETTER THAN THE ONE I HAD. VERY HAPPY WITH THE TAUPE COLOR, IT DOES NOT KINK AND MY ATTACHMENTS STAY ON WITH THE BUTTON.
See all 21 customer reviews on Amazon.com